Anti-abortion group brings parity

Dear Editor: When I walked past the Bell Tower last week, I encountered graphic images of abortions and protesters from the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance. I am relieved that a group like Generation Life finally

Dear Editor:

When I walked past the Bell Tower last week, I encountered graphic images of abortions and protesters from the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance.

I am relieved that a group like Generation Life finally brought honesty to the abortion debate at Temple. The images depicted the horror that abortions cause, and compared abortions to the lynchings of African Americans and the mass murder of Jews during the Holocaust.

As a Jew, I applaud such a comparison. Since the institution of Roe v. Wade, the United States has witnessed 47 million of these so-called “choices,” and I am glad that Generation Life brought scientific evidence to the table that questions the validity of the abortion lobby.

However, the FLMA did not attempt to engage in civil debate with Generation Life. Instead, they chanted nonsense like, “Hey, hey, ho, ho, this sexist bulls–t has gotta go!” They also held up informative signs with messages like, “Keep Your Laws out of My Vagina!” and wore pink bandannas over their faces.

The FLMA had the chance to inform the Temple student body about their side of the abortion debate. It was a simple task, and they failed in what could have been an interesting debate, but they chose to act like screaming infants. Maybe it makes sense that they covered their faces because they should be embarrassed for their ridiculous, babyish behavior. I wanted to tell them, “Quiet down, children. Let the grownups do the talking.”

Spencer Doman
Senior, History
Class of 2008

2 Comments

1. I am always against abortion because it is a sin to kill an innocent child.*..