Under the radar

The Last Laugh with Jack Martin and Ryan Shaner / Oct. 14 / 10 p.m. / $12 for general admission, $10 for students and minors / The Arts Bank Cabaret, 601 South Broad St. /

The Last Laugh with Jack Martin and Ryan Shaner / Oct. 14 / 10 p.m. / $12 for general admission, $10 for students and minors / The Arts Bank Cabaret, 601 South Broad St. / offcolortheatrecompany.ticketleap.com/lastlaugh1

Head to the Arts Bank Cabaret for a stand-up and open mic show that will keep the laughs going even days later. The Last Laugh is a monthly late-night show that features two Philadelphia comedians and anyone else who’s up for the challenge. Jack Martin and Ryan Shaner will perform stand-up at 10 p.m. and the mic will open up to the crowd at 11 p.m. for an additional hour. Of course, there will be drinks. For those who purchase a $12 ticket and are of age, two beers are free.

Sign up for a five-minute time slot and tell all the cheesy jokes there are by emailing offcolortheatrecompany@gmail.com.

BetterBlocksPhilly Opening Celebration / Oct. 14 / 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. / Free / 17th to 18th streets, Christian to Catherine streets / designphiladelphia.org

Go green and go party. As part of DesignPhiladelphia, join BetterBlocksPhilly for a block party that’s both fun and supportive. BetterBlocksPhilly, in conjunction with Wallace Roberts & Todd, Brown & Keener Urban Design, and South of South Neighborhood Association, is presenting a living/functioning exhibit of “Complete Street” ideas, which promotes a safer and more pleasant environment. The goal is to encourage ideas that will help to expand design ideology in the area and educate the local crowd about healthy ‘streetscape’ design, while gaining attention of traffic calming measures–all at a one-week-long block party. While being environmentally friendly, enjoy musical performances, art and design exhibitions, workshops, vendors, pop-up shops and more. The event is free and open to everyone.

Philadelphia Open Studio Tours East / Oct. 15-16 / Saturday: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. / Free for self-guided tours, $40 for guided trolley tours / Studios East of Broad St. / philaopenstudios.com

Have an eye for art? Come to the studios on Broad Street and witness the largest selection of art in the area. Every October, hundreds of professional artists from Philadelphia open their workspaces and studios to the public eye for free. Tour through a selection of more than 350 different studios and spaces featuring artist talks, hands-on workshops, gallery exhibitions and more.

Want to hear all the insider knowledge from a professional? In that case, take a trolley tour that features abstract paintings, mixed media and sculptures for $40. Not the type that likes to mosey along listening to a tour guide? Have no worries–self-guided tours are free. Check out the website for more information on the studios and artists within the area.

Philadelphia Chocolate Tours / Oct. 15 / 2:45 p.m. / $40 for the public, $36 for students / Various Locations in Philadelphia / philadelphiachocolatetours.com

Craving something sweet? Join this walking and tasting tour to learn and explore the ins and outs of Philadelphia’s best chocolate shops and cafes. Attendees will sample some of the shops’ specialty chocolates while learning about the history and health benefits of the savory treat. Exercise both body and mind by learning about the neighborhoods’ history, too. Philadelphia Chocolate Tours also supports local charities, including Philabundance and Back on My Feet. Tour guides will lead the group to various locations in the city, such as Famous 4th Street Cookie Company, Pennsylvania General Store, Marcie Blaine Artisanal Chocolates, Teuscher Markert of Switzerland and Capogiro Gelato. The tours will meet at the Reading Terminal Market and end near Rittenhouse Square.

Shauna Bannan can be reached at shauna.bannan@temple.edu.