Bar Guide: Drinkers get crafty at lounge

Las Vegas Lounge 704 Chestnut St. 215-592-9533 Mon.-Sat.: 11:00 a.m.-2 a.m. Sun.: 4 p.m.-2 a.m. https://lasvegaslounge.com The Las Vegas Lounge is the perfect weekend spot for college students. The restaurant and bar, on the corner

Las Vegas Lounge
704 Chestnut St.
215-592-9533
Mon.-Sat.:
11:00 a.m.-2 a.m.
Sun.:
4 p.m.-2 a.m.
https://lasvegaslounge.com

LasVegasLounge_barguide_march22_rachaelcerrotti_02
RACHEL CERROTTI TTN Visitors enjoy their locally brewed drinks at the Las Vegas Lounge, located next to Stephen Starr’s Jones.

The Las Vegas Lounge is the perfect weekend spot for college students. The restaurant and bar, on the corner of Seventh and Chestnut streets, offers quality beer and homemade food at prices no one will regret in the morning.

Unlike most bars in Philadelphia, the Las Vegas Lounge serves beer on tap in 20-ounce glasses at reduced prices, as opposed to the 16-ounce standard serving.

Craft beer brewed by local brewing companies populate the drink list, including Dogfish Head and Victory brand beer.

The lounge offers a Thursday-night special of 20-ounce glasses for $5 each. A homemade sweet tea- and vodka-mixed drink is available for $4 on Thursday and Saturday nights.

In addition to great drinks, the chefs at the lounge serve some well-cooked dishes, said Britany Freitas, a veteran server and bartender at the Las Vegas Lounge.

“From the bleu cheese dressing to the battered onion rings, our food is made fresh and from scratch every day,” she said.

Fresh ground beef is purchased daily for the variety of burgers offered, but the kitchen also caters to vegetarian diners – veggie patties can be substituted for all red-meat dishes.

With two pool tables, several large screen televisions, video games and numerous Frank Sinatra posters, it’s easy to feel comfortable alone or among friends in the bar’s relaxed atmosphere.

-Chase Grier