Around Campus: Textbooks can open concert doors

Buying books online could save students even more money this fall–if they’re fans of Trey Songz.

Amazon.com is currently offering a deal to any account-holding students who purchase or rent books for their fall semester of school through Amazon Student. On Thursday, Sept. 12, a concert at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia will be free for any students who register for the event after proving a textbook purchase from Amazon.

After purchasing or renting any book through Amazon.com, students can use the confirmation code from that purchase to register for attendance through an event portal, also on Amazon.com.

The Electric Factory, located at 421 N. 7th St., will open its doors to student attendees by 7:30 p.m., before the start of the show at 9:15 p.m. Students who have registered through Amazon.com receive an email confirmation that gives the V.I.P. access to the concert.

Students must provide a copy of their confirmation email and their student identification card in order to enter the concert. The first 1,000 V.I.P. ticket holders to arrive will be awarded an unspecified Amazon giveaway at the door.

According to Amazon.com, attendance is on a first come, first serve basis. Registered students are advised in their confirmation email to arrive early so as to be admitted, since it is not guaranteed for latecomers if the venue is filled.