Listings: Gender Roles, Drag Show, Come Out, Art Market

Gender Roles and Stereotypes within the LGBTQ Community / Student Center, 200A / OCT. 9 / 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. / Free

A staple of National Coming Out Week, panels facilitate well-rounded discussion on issues facing the LGBT community on Main Campus and beyond. This year the panel will focus on expectations of men and women within the LGBT community, and explore the dynamics of gender roles in the personal lives of LGBT people.

Drag Show / Student Center Underground/ OCT. 10 / 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. / Free

A Temple first, this drag show is set to feature student participants strutting their stuff and donning their best gender-bending apparel. The theme for this show is: be you.

NCOW Fest / Bell Tower / OCT. 11 / Noon – 1:30 p.m. / Free

The Bell Tower will be the scene of an outdoor festival celebrating the LGBT community on Main Campus. Typically, this is where students get a chance to meet the people in charge of putting NCOW together and hearing why they’re passionate about LGBT issues. Students will also get to meet with representatives from HEART, Campus Philly, Queer Student Union and other LGBT-friendly organizations on Main Campus.

Come Out, Speak Out / Student Center Underground / Oct. 11 / 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. / Free

To close NCOW this year will be the Come Out, Speak Out. This is an opportunity for students to tell their coming out stories, talk openly about why they’re allies and more. An open forum for discussion, students are welcome to ask questions and learn more about the LGBT community.

Art Market at Tyler / Tyler School of Art / Oct. 12 and 13 / 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. / Free

Current students, alumni and local artists will be taking over the Tyler School of Art atrium. The event will feature more than 60 vendors selling a variety of crafts, jewelry, photography and more. Among the vendors will be the Tyler School of Art photography program. A portion of the money made will go toward Tyler School of Art scholarships.