Arrest warrant issued for gunman in May 9 shooting

A news conference was held today by the Philadelphia Police Department to announce an arrest warrant for the shooter in the May 9 slaying of Mohan Varughese, a 23-year-old Penn State Abington student. Varughese was

Jeffrey Little, 20, is wanted for the killing of Mahon Varughese.

A news conference was held today by the Philadelphia Police Department to announce an arrest warrant for the shooter in the May 9 slaying of Mohan Varughese, a 23-year-old Penn State Abington student.

Jeffrey Little, 20, is wanted for the killing of Mohan Varughese. Courtesy Philadelphia Police Department.

Varughese was outside of his girlfriend’s house on the 2200 block of North Camac Street when he was reportedly asked by an unidentified black male to hand over the keys to his motorcycle. When Varughese did not concede, he was shot in the face and chest by the black male, who then fled.

Varughese was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital at approximately 5:42 p.m.

Police identified the gunman as 20-year-old Jeffrey Little, releasing an arrest warrant for him. Little is a resident of the 2100 block of North Marvine Street.

Little is to be considered armed and extremely dangerous, a press release from the PPD states.

Anyone with information on Little’s whereabouts is asked to contact the PPD’s Homicide Unit at  215-686-3334.

Angelo Fichera can be reached at afichera@temple.edu.

Update: The U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to Little’s arrest, according to a TU Advisory issued by the university.