Seventh fire reported at Morgan Hall since mid-February

Officials had previously offered a $15,000 reward for the arrest of those responsible for the fires.

Campus Safety Services confirmed another incident of arson in Morgan Hall.

Investigations Captain Edward Woltemate said the fire, which occurred Wednesday around 1:15 p.m., was located on the east-side garage level of the complex’s 27-story high-rise. Although the location is a shift from previous incidents, all of which occurred above the 10th floor on the tower’s west end, Woltemate said that yesterday’s minor fire bore distinct similarities to the arson incidents that have plagued the site for more than a month.

Woltemate said that no incendiary devices or accelerants were used, and no damage was reported. The fire was discovered by construction workers who extinguished the fire immediately and notified their supervisor, who then alerted authorities. Temple Police were made aware of the incident at 2 p.m.

“It’s another annoying fire that we believe the same individual or individuals are doing,” Woltemate said. “When they do get caught, they’re going to be charged and arrested, probably at the federal level.”

Officials have said that there are no witnesses and no new leads at this time.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and L.F. Driscoll Company announced last month that the two entities were offering a combined $15,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of those responsible for the fires.

Ali Watkins can be reached at allison.watkins@temple.edu.