Countdown to Dad Vail after runner-up finish at Kelly Cup

This Sunday, the women’s crew will compete in the ECAC Metro Rowing Championships on the Cooper River in Collingswood, N.J. The Owls are expecting a better showing than their most recent seventh-place finish at the

womenThis Sunday, the women’s crew will compete in the ECAC Metro Rowing Championships on the Cooper River in Collingswood, N.J.
The Owls are expecting a better showing than their most recent seventh-place finish at the Atlantic Ten Conference Championships last week.

Rhode Island won its first A-10 Championship with 135 points. Temple finished with 61, ahead of Fordham and La Salle.

Temple’s Varsity 8, led by seniors Anne Mikolajewski, Amanda Barr and Jessica Herrman, juniors Jill Ploof, Laura Scullin, Laura Altimari and Mary Peach, and sophomores Mary Webster and Bailey Chick, won the petite championship.

The Varsity 4 and Lightweight 8 boats each had third place finishes on the Cooper River.

The Varsity 4 also finished just behind Saint Joseph’s Sunday at the Kelly Cup Regatta on the Schuylkill River. The team of Peach, senior Jennifer Azeles, junior Carolyn Bailey, and sophomores Brynn Moore and Kelly McAndrew finished one second off the Hawks’ winning time.

The Varsity 8 finished fourth and the Second Varsity 8 finished third. The freshman 8 had a second place showing.
After the ECAC Championships this weekend, the Owls will compete at the Dad Vail Regatta May 9th and 10th.

MEN’S CREW
The Owls’ Varsity 8 finished seven-tenths of a second behind Saint Joe’s, enough for a second-place finish at the Bergen Cup Saturday on the Schuylkill River.

The Hawks beat the Owls in the Second Varsity 8 competition. The Owls picked up one win in the Varsity 4.
The team will compete next at the Dad Vail Regatta.

Melissa DiPento can be reached at  mdipento@temple.edu.