Lacrosse wins second straight

The Owls won their first road game of the year and second straight Big East matchup.

Coming off a blowout win over Cincinnati, Temple was able to carry that momentum on the road.

The Owls have struggled on the road all season, going 0-4 in its previous games away from Geasey Field. But this time, the Owls went to Milwaukee and beat Marquette 11-7 to win their second straight conference matchup.

Temple was quick to get started and jumped out to another comfortable first half lead.

Two goals from senior attacker Jaymie Tabor, and a goal each from sophomore midfielders Nicole and Megan Tiernan, Kathryn Skahan, redshirt freshman midfielder  Brenda McDermott and freshman midfielder Morgan Glassford put Temple up 7-3 by the end of the first, with Marquette only able to answer with goals from redshirt sophomore midfielder Anna Muzika, freshman attacker Devyn Antolini and sophomore midfielder Hayley Bass.

Marquette opened up the second half with two goals from Bass and freshman attacker Amanda Bochniak, but Temple answered back via goals from sophomore attacker Rachel Schwaab and junior midfielder/attacker Molly Seefried.

The Golden Eagles would come up with another two goals from Bochniak at 16:33 and sophomore attacker Claire Costanza at 3:57, but the Owls answered again in the final minute, with Nicole Tiernan scoring with 39 seconds left, then Tabor completing the hat-trick with just six left on the clock.

Redshirt sophomore goalkeeper Jaqi Kakalecik made five saves in goal for her third win of the year. It’s the second straight game where her and the defense have held the opposition to less than ten goals.

Temple has two games remaining on the schedule, as it continues to try and secure a postseason spot. With a 3-2 conference record (6-8 overall) that is currently good for fourth in the Big East, the Owls have two games left against Georgetown (second in the Big East) on Saturday afternoon in D.C., then at Rutgers (fifth in the Big East) a week later.

Nick Tricome can be reached at nick.tricome@temple.edu or on Twitter @itssnick215.