Men’s City Six Watch

Men’s Drexel Record: 11-18, 4-12 Colonial Athletic Association Drexel’s losing streak continued by dropping two games last week. The Dragons lost to William and Mary, 57-50, Wednesday night and to Fairfield, 60-51, Saturday. Junior guard

Men’s
Drexel
Record: 11-18, 4-12 Colonial Athletic Association
Drexel’s losing streak continued by dropping two games last week. The Dragons lost to William and Mary, 57-50, Wednesday night and to Fairfield, 60-51, Saturday. Junior guard Tramayne Hawthorne scored 14 points against William and Mary when he connected on 4-of-7 three pointers.

La Salle (2-1 Big 5)
Record: 13-13, 7-5 Atlantic Ten Conference
The Explorers are currently on a four-game winning streak following conference wins against St. Joseph’s Monday and against Dayton Thursday and Duquesne Sunday. Against the Hawks, senior guard Darnell Harris scored 21 points by burying 5-of-10 three pointers. Sophomore forward Yves Mekongo-Mbala put up 17 points, going 4-of-5 from beyond the arc. Sophomore guards Ruben Guillandeaux and Kimmani Barrett went a combined 5-of-6 in three pointers and 11-of-16 in field goals. The Explorers went 30-of-59 for the game.

Penn (0-4 Big 5)
Record: 10-16, 5-4 Ivy League
The Quakers went 1-1 this week. The win came against Dartmouth, 88-62, Friday. The Quakers dropped their game to Harvard, 89-79, Saturday. Against the Big Green, senior guard Brian Grandieri scored 15 points on 7-of-9 field goals, 1-of-1 from beyond the arc while grabbing nine rebounds.  Against Harvard, Grandieri connected on 9-of-21 field goals en route to 19 points while having seven rebounds.

Saint Joseph’s (2-1 Big 5)
Record: 17-8, 8-4 Atlantic Ten Conference
Now alone in second place in the A-10, the Hawks defeated Rhode Island on the road Sunday, 90-83. Darren Govens led the way with 18 points for St. Joe’s, but it was a true team effort, as all five Hawks starters scored in double figures. St. Joe’s did not begin the week on a high not, though. They dropped a Big 5 game to La Salle 90-89 Monday.

Villanova (3-1 Big 5)
Record: 17-9, 7-7 Big East Conference
The Wildcats are trying to claw their way back into NCAA contention with their recent three-game winning streak. West Virginia and No. 13 Connecticut were the latest to fall victim as Villanova defeated them 78-56 and 67-65, respectively. Against the Mountaineers, junior guard Dwayne Anderson scored 17 points. Freshman forward Antonio Pena poured in another 10 points. Against the Huskies, sophomore guard Scottie Reynolds scored 18 points.

– Joe Polinsky