Men’s City Six Watch

Drexel Record: 10-15 overall, 3-10 Colonial Athletic Association The woeful Dragons split two conference games last week. Drexel lost its sixth straight game to visiting George Mason, 75-65, Thursday but defeated Towson, 65-51, Saturday afternoon.

Drexel
Record: 10-15 overall, 3-10 Colonial Athletic Association
The woeful Dragons split two conference games last week. Drexel lost its sixth straight game to visiting George Mason, 75-65, Thursday but defeated Towson, 65-51, Saturday afternoon. Junior guard Tramayne Hawthorne went 3-for-4 from behind the arc and scored 13 points as did teammates Scott Rodgers and Frank Elegar. At 3-10, the Dragons are currently in last place in the CAA standings.

La Salle
Record: 9-13, 4-5 Atlantic Ten Conference, 1-1 Big 5
The visiting Explorers blew out George Washington, 80-58, in Washington D.C., before losing to Duquesne, 101-84, at the Tom Gola Arena. Senior guard Darnell Harris connected on six three-pointers and scored 20 points against George Washington but was held to 2-for-8 shooting against Duquesne.

Penn
Record: 7-14, 2-2 Ivy League, 0-4 Big 5
The Quakers ended up on the wrong side of the scoreboard this week losing to both Columbia, 74-58, and to Cornell, 87-74. This is the fifth multi-game losing streak for Penn this season. Despite the absence of leading scorer Tyler Bernardini, who was out due to a concussion, the Quakers received strong play from senior guard Brian Grandieri, who scored a combined 25 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in both games last week. The Quakers will host Princeton tomorrow at 7 p.m.

Saint Joseph’s
Record: 15-6, 6-2 A-10, 2-0 Big 5
Tied with Fordham for second place in the A-10 standings, the Hawks defeated Villanova Monday; however, St. Joe’s dropped games to Duquesne and No. 13 Xavier this week. Senior guard Pat Calathes was named A-10 Player of the Week for the third time this season. He is averaging 21.5 points while shooting 15-of-28 from the field and hauling in 9.5 rebounds. Calathes was dominant in scoring 20 points, gathering nine rebounds and blocking three shots in a 77-55 rout of Villanova. Against Duquesne, he poured in 23 points while pulling down ten boards, five assists, and three steals.

Villanova
Record: 14-8, 4-6 Big East Conference, 3-1 Big 5 (Through Sunday)
The freefall reached five games this week as the inexperienced Wildcats lost to St. Joseph’s, 77-55, in the 87th edition of the so-called “Holy War.” The loss snapped Villanova’s 14 game Big 5 winning streak. Villanova turned it around however by defeating visiting Seton Hall, 72-70, at the Pavilion Saturday night. Junior forward Dante Cunningham went 13-for-16 from the free throw line en route to a career-best 21 points. The Wildcats visited No. 8 Georgetown Monday.

– Joe Polinsky

1. LOL. Interesting hotsiry, although I think this may be unbiased journalism jajajaLet me know when fitted boxers has a birthday. I want to blog about it complete with fotos y todo