Ohio loss is not the end of the line

The football team could be invited to one of four bowl games since the Owls’ bowl win in 1979.

EAGLEBANK
Date: Dec. 29
Location: RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
Time: 4:30 p.m.
Conferences: Conference USA vs. Army or Mid-American Conference (Should Army upset Navy Dec. 12, the Black Knights will qualify for the EagleBank Bowl)
2008 result: The inaugural edition of the EagleBank Bowl went to Wake Forest, as the Demon Deacons defeated the Navy Midshipmen, 29-19. Wake Forest quarterback Riley Skinner, the game’s Most Valuable Player, set a NCAA record for completion percentage in a bowl game when he completed all 11 attempts.

INTERNATIONAL
Date: Jan. 2
Location: Rogers Centre, Toronto
Time: Noon
Conferences: Big East Conference vs. MAC
2009 result: The University of Connecticut Huskies overcame a 20-17 halftime deficit to beat the Buffalo Bulls, 38-20, on Jan. 3, 2009. Huskies running back Donald Brown, who was drafted by the National Football League’s Indianapolis Colts in June, racked up 264 yards and one touchdown en route to being named the game’s MVP. The game attracted an audience of 40,184 people – the highest in the International Bowl’s three-year history.

GMAC
Date: Jan. 6
Location: Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Ala.
Time: 7 p.m.
Conferences: Atlantic Coast Conference vs. MAC
2009 result: Tulsa won its second consecutive GMAC Bowl with a 45-13 victory against No. 23 Ball State. Tarrion Adams rushed for 207 yards and three touchdowns, as the Golden Hurricane finished with a school-record 11 victories. Adams became Tulsa’s career rushing leader, as the Golden Hurricane produced 439 yards rushing and 632 yards overall in the contest. Tulsa defeated Bowling Green the year before, 63-7.

LITTLE CAESARS (previously the Motor City Bowl)
Date: Dec. 26
Location: Ford Field, Detroit
Time: 1 p.m.
Conferences: Big Ten Conference vs. MAC Champ
2008 result: The Florida Atlantic Owls defeated the Central Michigan Chippewas, 24–21. Owls quarterback Rusty Smith was named game MVP after he threw for 306 yards and two touchdowns.

Pete Dorchak can be reached at pdorchak@temple.edu.