Owls go undefeated at Philadelphia Invitational

Team beats ranked competition.

Temple dominated the competition at the Philadelphia Invitational on Sunday, going 6-0 on the day, including  wins over No. 8 Penn and No. 7 Northwestern. The Owls, ranked ninth in the nation, also had wins over Lafayette, John Hopkins, Fairley Dickinson and Cornell.

Temple started the day with a convincing 27-0 win over Lafayette and a 15-12 win over John Hopkins. They the Owls defeated John Hopkins and Fairley Dickinson University 18-9 and 24-3, respectively. Cornell was defeated 21-6 and Penn was defeated 16-11. The only squad not go 6-0 on the day was epee, who went 5-1, with their only loss coming to Penn.

Out of all the squad’s performances, sabre’s was the most dominating,  defeating the six opponents by a combined score of 45-9.  Junior Tiki Kastor, senior Tasia Ford and sophomore Petra Khan all went 10-2, while senior Andrea Haley went 4-2, freshman Victoria Suber went 4-1 and junior Lauren Rangel Friedman went 7-0.

Fresman epee Rachael Clark had perfect day. She went 12-0 also had a strong day. Senior Chantal Montrose went 7-5, sophomore Jessica Hall went 8-2, freshman Alexandra Keft went 9-4 and freshman Noelle Baptiste went 5-3.

Foil was led by senior Epiphany Georges who went 6-5. Sophomore Fatima Largaespada 8-5, Kristen Kemnitzer went 3-1, sophomore Olivia Wynn went 3-1, freshman Miranda Litzinger went 7-4 and sophomore Demi Antipas went 5-3 on the day.

Up next for the Owls is the Northwestern University Multi-Meet on Feb. 1-2.

Michael Guise can be reached at michaelguise@gmail.com or on Twitter @MikeG2511.