Transportation provided to men’s soccer game

The university provided a bus for students to the quarter finals of the conference championship at Ambler.

The university provided transportation for students to the men’s soccer game Saturday against South Florida.

Most of the students who utilized the transportation were part of the Cherry Crusade. While soccer isn’t as big as basketball and football on campus, many people think free shuttle rides to and from Ambler will help give soccer more of a power presence in years to come.

“I love soccer, been a die hard fan since I was little” freshman international business major Kevin Yu said. “I haven’t been able to follow the team this season, but the shuttle rides are really convenient and this is a great way to bring out the soccer team and get more fans to games.”

“Not a big fan of soccer,” sophomore media studies and production major Yale Alpert said. “I do find it entraining to see these guys play tough.  It was also great to see Temple Athletics spring money for a bus so they can get the student body, especially the ones that really love soccer, up here to see the game.

Yu and Alpert are both members of the Cherry Crusade.  After the game was over, the shuttle bus returned to Philadelphia to drop off the students at the men’s basketball season opener at Penn.

Andrew Vanech can be reached at andrew.vanech@temple.edu.