10,000 Men Participants

I, like you, attended the recent “10,000 Men” rally held on Sunday, Oct. 21, 2007, at the Liacouras Center. Similar to the Million Man March of 1995, and the anniversary Millions More Movement gathering of

I, like you, attended the recent “10,000 Men” rally held on Sunday, Oct. 21, 2007, at the Liacouras Center.

Similar to the Million Man March of 1995, and the anniversary Millions More Movement gathering of 2005, it was a historic and very much needed event.

Historically, few researchers have studied the impacts of such gatherings by actually interviewing some of the participants. As both an African-American man and a Ph.D. graduate of Temple University’s Urban Education program, Class of 2002, I believe that such movements must be examined with an Afrocentric research framework.

In that regard, I am looking to briefly interview by telephone some of you African-American males that attended the 10,000 men rally last week. The interview takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. I will ask you questions via telephone. It is totally anonymous. I interviewed 26 brothers before the start of the rally, and now I am looking to interview 30 to 40 of you who have attended the event.

I need you to email me at karamuwurd@hotmail.com or leave me your name and telephone number at

(610) 499-1134. My preference is that you email me.

One of my regrets about the Million Man March of 1995 was that there was not enough research that studied the impact of such gatherings.

“Long live the spirit of the Million Man March.”

Richard M. Cooper, Ph.D
Widener University