$15,000 reward offered in Morgan Hall arson case

The ATF and L.F. Driscoll Company are offering a combined reward of up to $15,000.

A $15,000 award is being offered for information leading to arrests in the case of five small fires that were deliberately set at Morgan Hall earlier this week, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced Thursday.

Five fires were set on separate floors of the 27-story high-rise on Monday and Tuesday which resulted in $100,000 in property damage to the building, according to the ATF. Special Agent Steven Bartholomew said three construction workers suffered smoke inhalation Tuesday and were taken to the hospital.

The ATF is offering up to $5,000 along with L.F. Driscoll Company which is offering up to $10,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.

“Acts of arson are dangerous crimes and threaten the community. ATF is committed to keeping the public safe from those who maliciously set fires,” said ATF Philadelphia Field Division Acting Special Agent in Charge Donald Robinson said in a statement. “We are asking the public to provide any information that would lead investigators to those responsible for these arsons.”

The fires all occurred during the daytime Monday and Tuesday. On Monday, three fires were reported between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. and were found between the 15th and 20th floor. The two fires on Tuesday occurred at approximately 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. and were on the 13th and 16th floor, respectively.

The case is being investigated by the ATF, Philadelphia Fire Marshal’s Office, Philadelphia Police Department and Temple Police.

Anyone with information is asked to call the ATF at 1-888-283-3473.