Sidewalk Philadelphia: Week Two

Everyone’s gone into hiding! At least that’s how I’ve been feeling lately since Philadelphia’s streets seem bare of its usual trendsetters who parade on its sidewalks. Blame it on frigid temperatures or plain laziness for

Everyone’s gone into hiding! At least that’s how I’ve been feeling lately since Philadelphia’s streets seem bare of its usual trendsetters who parade on its sidewalks. Blame it on frigid temperatures or plain laziness for all those who prey city cabs! This week I took it inside and found out the real spendthrifts lurk the clothing racks at H&M or eat trendy at Cosi.

PHOTO ONE:

I caught Lisa, 21 in the tiniest corner that H&M could offer and it seemed almost impossible to take a photo of her in between the racks and trying to hide from the nosy sales associates (Apparently, you’re not allowed to take photos in retail stores). I loved how Lisa incorporated white from head to toe to balance out the dark denim she was wearing. Furthermore, her auburn hair drew attention to her stylish 70’s haircut, which explains the inspiration Lisa probably receives as a student at the Jean Madeline Aveda Institute.

What are you wearing?
“H&M jeans and the jacket and shirt are from a thrift store.”

Favorite stores for shopping:
H & M
Thrift stores
Forever 21

Fashion Icons and Inspiration:
Celebrities
Fashion magazines

PHOTO TWO:

Friends who shop together, stay together. I caught these four young woman catching a bite to eat in Cosi and was very impressed that I loved all four outfits. It seems common that sometimes you may see a group of friends where one or two outfits are agreeable, but when all four possess sartorial taste it is definitely eye-candy for any onlooker.

Kelsey, 16 and Christine, 17 mastered the art of layering, by proving you can were short shorts and mini frocks in the winter. The mix of these delicate pieces with opaque leggings and mid-calf boots keep the girls warm and balance out the brighter colors they are wearing on top

PHOTO THREE

Meanwhile, Natalie, 17 and Allegra’s,16 (left) delicacies showed through a soft pink cupcake sleeve blouse and an H&M shirtdress.

Best things about Philadelphia:
Shopping
Concerts
“The general mood” Natalie

Favorite Shops:
South Street
Vintage stores
Urban Outfitters

Fashion Icons/ Inspiration:
Kate Moss
Teen Vogue
“I like looking at different decades and seeing what they wore.”- Kelsey
“Definitely, my Grandma.” – Christine