ASK A. TELEVISION

Dear Mr. TV Dude, I need your advice. I have always loved my job, but lately it has been more of a pain than a pleasure. Our computer system broke and this has caused much

Dear Mr. TV Dude,

I need your advice. I have always loved my job, but lately it has been more of a pain than a pleasure. Our computer system broke and this has caused much of the recent stress. My boss, who I have always been on good terms with and have never had a problem with, has all of the sudden turned into a monster. He has no concept of stress management and seems to think that yelling at me is an acceptable form of stress relief. This makes me incredibly angry. In fact, it makes me want to strangle him. Is this desire to kill my boss wrong? Do I need to seek professional help? Am I a psychopath in the making? Or maybe I should go with my emotions and kill him? Please help!

Sincerely,
A Possible Killer

Dear APK,

To answer this question, we must look back to episode one of “Perfect Strangers.” Do you remember before Larry Appleton became a journalist and worked for his landlord, Mr. Twinkacetti? Larry’s boss/landlord was not the most pleasant man in the world. Okay, he was probably the least pleasant man in the world—but Larry never KILLED him! They were never, ever on good terms, but Larry always tried to keep his cool. Your boss is probably just trying to cope with the fact that the computer system doesn’t work. Cut him some slack, and give things a chance to cool off before you end his life.