ASK A. TELEVISION

In preparation for this, the Spring 2001 semester of the Temple News, our editors gathered all the recourses available. One editor came across a dusty 13″ Zenith stored in the darkest corner or the TN

In preparation for this, the Spring 2001 semester of the Temple News, our editors gathered all the recourses available. One editor came across a dusty 13″ Zenith stored in the darkest corner or the TN office. “Great,” We thought. “Finally a TV in the office.” But when we plugged it in, the picture remained far too fuzzy on all of our favorite modern shows. Only the “classic” 80s shows (The Facts of Life, Small Wonder, etc.) played perfectly. So we watched. And we absorbed. Pretty soon, believe it or not, the TV introduced itself.

“I am A. Television. I am your new advice columnist,” is what it told us. Ladies and Gentleman…The first installment of Ask A. Television.
_______________________________________________________________
Dear A. Television,

I’m graduating this May and I want to propose to my girlfriend of three weeks. She doesn’t know that I’m going to pop the question yet, and even though we haven’t been dating for long… I feel a special connection with her. Any advice on how I should do this?

Wondering at Graduation

Dear WAG,

Before you ask advice on how to do this; I think you should ask yourself, “Should I do this?”

Remember episode 187 of Full House, when Kimmy Gibbler runs off to Reno to get married? She didn’t really want to get married, and luckily for her, the Tanner family came and talked some sense into her. She was only going to get married because DJ was going to college, and Kimmy was afraid that they wouldn’t be friends anymore. Is your best friend starting graduate school?

So, I think you should do some deep soul searching. Do you love your girlfriend, or do you love the thought of being married? But, if you really want to know how to pop the question, I’d say to just do it the way Fonzie would.

Send your questions and advice requests to: AskATV@4Advice.com