Changes to Student Center discussed

Plans for improvements to the Student Center were introduced at Monday’s Temple Student Government meeting. Preliminary ideas for the improvements include a nightclub and bowling alley. Suggestions for other improvements from students will be accepted

Plans for improvements to the Student Center were introduced at Monday’s Temple Student Government meeting.

Preliminary ideas for the improvements include a nightclub and bowling alley.

Suggestions for other improvements from students will be accepted during the next month.

The target date for the completion of these changes is Fall 2004.

TSG president Therion Baker spoke about this week’s Philadelphia College Festival.

“Take advantage of what you can,” he said, “It’s all free!”

He also thanked students for the large participation in the Home Run project on last Saturday.

“Temple brought the largest group this year again,” according to TSG committee chair of Community Service Affairs Tai Baker.

Dean of Students, James Fitzsimmons also gave thanks for the participation on Saturday.

“It is not a matter of how much money we raised,” said Fitzsimmons, “but it is a matter of attention raising.”

An upcoming event, the CARE project, was also announced at the meeting as Temple’s second project dedicated to 9/11 victims and rescuers.

It will begin with breakfast at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5.

TSG Vice President of Academic Affairs Alex Norman announced free GRE and LSAT preparation sessions at Barton Hall on Saturday, Sep. 28 at 10 a.m.

The sessions are being offered by the Russell Conwell Center.

The program is designed for freshmen to juniors to develop their professional skills like computer technology or preparation for GRE.

Details are available at www.temple.edu\rcc.

Saeko Komura can be reached at saekokomura@yahoo.co.jp.