Club Sports Roundup

Bowling This past weekend, the team traveled to Lancaster, Pa., to compete in the Pennsylvania Classic, where the Owls placed No. 15 out of 22 teams. Junior Lamar Richardson led the way by averaging 200.8

Bowling

This past weekend, the team traveled to Lancaster, Pa., to compete in the Pennsylvania Classic, where the Owls placed No. 15 out of 22 teams.

Junior Lamar Richardson led the way by averaging 200.8 over nine games with a high of 232 to finish 13th individually. As a team, the Owls scored a season-high 1,006 in a game and earned 25 points in the United States Bowling Congress collegiate standings.

The team returns to action on Nov. 19, when the team travels to Millsboro, Del., for the Hawk Classic, a weekend-long tournament.

Men’s Rugby

Last Saturday, the team moved to 4-1 with a 24-15 win over St. Joseph’s at Memorial Hall Field in Fairmount Park.

The Owls held onto the lead with the team scoring a penalty goal and tries from junior prop Mark Violette, senior flanker Mark Transue and senior hook Greg Rassmuson.

Up next, the team plays Drexel this Saturday in its final regular season match before the Eastern Pennsylvania Rugby Union playoffs begin Oct. 30.

Women’s Rugby

The Owls had a road matchup against East Stroudsburg, where they experienced a power outage on the field 20 minutes into the first half. After a 20-minute delay, the Owls would put the Warriors’ lights out for a 21-10 win.

Junior flyhalf Rachel Bandura scored two tries, and senior fullback Nikki Schuerch had one try for the Owls in the win.

The Owls return home to Edgely Field on Oct. 23 to take on La Salle.

Men’s Soccer

The team is now 4-2-1 after playing two matches over the weekend in Delaware.

The Owls had a scoreless draw with Delaware for their first match and came away with a 3-2 win over Drexel in the second match. The team rode a hat trick from senior midfielder Jon Goldberg. Sophomore midfielder Mark Koleda assisted on Goldberg’s first two goals, and senior forward Chris Roberts assisted on the third goal in the win.

Up next, the team will travel to Toughkenamon, Pa., for a regional tournament Oct. 23-24.

Tennis

The team took fifth out of 12 teams in the Delaware Tournament this past weekend.

The team defeated Shippensburg, St. Joe’s and Rugters, all by scores of 3-2, while suffering losses to Delaware and Lehigh by scores of 2-3.

The team returns to action this Sunday.