CONSPIRACY THEORIES OF THE WEEK

* Last semester, I had a professor named Johnson. This semester, I have a professor named Hardwick. Many Temple students eat lunch at Johnson and Hardwick Dining Hall on Main Campus. I often ate lunch

* Last semester, I had a professor named Johnson. This semester, I have a professor named Hardwick. Many Temple students eat lunch at Johnson and Hardwick Dining Hall on Main Campus. I often ate lunch after having a class taught by Professor Johnson or Professor Hardwick on Main Campus. As if that weren’t strange enough, both classes took place on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at Curtis Hall in odd-numbered classrooms! Who will I have next semester, Professor Fresh Bytes?

* Isn’t it ironic that the weather conditions on the date of George W. Bush’s inauguration were dark, dreary and rainy?

* I bought a used book from Zavelle’s for $7.50; the original price of the book when it was new (as decided by the publisher) was $6.75! In addition, used Spanish workbooks (yes, workbooks – the kind where you’re encouraged to write the answer ON the page) can be purchased for only $14.95. I decided to purchase a new workbook.

* Who wants to spend a million bucks? (Is that your final answer?) That seems to be the amount of money you need to purchase textbooks at the SAC bookstore. On Jan. 17, I got in line at 3:05 p.m. to pay for two books. Twenty minutes later, I was still waiting in the same line, when the cashier just got up and left. Another worker came into to the bookstore, but took over for another cashier. Your tuition dollars at work (insert heavy sarcasm here).

* Is SEPTA really “Serious About Change,” or are they “Serious About Making Change?” On Jan. 18, I noticed that two girls had paid their fares at the Cecil B. Moore Station on the Broad Street Subway. Soon, they realized that they were on the wrong platform – they wanted to be on the southbound side, but ended up on the northbound side instead. The token collector refused to give them back their fares.

Jared Byrd can be reached at jbyrd002@astro.temple.edu.