CONSPIRACY THEORY

* Tanitha Kulsiri used to live in Seattle. She later moved to Philadelphia, where she now serves as opinion editor for the Temple News. Yet, instead of attending Mardi Gras festivities in Seattle or Philadelphia,

* Tanitha Kulsiri used to live in Seattle. She later moved to Philadelphia, where she now serves as opinion editor for the Temple News. Yet, instead of attending Mardi Gras festivities in Seattle or Philadelphia, she went to New Orleans. The result? New Orleans’ Mardi Gras celebration was relatively peaceful; however, riots ensued in Seattle and Philadelphia.

* Speaking of Mardi Gras riots, why does it seem like Mayor Street is always conveniently out-of-town whenever something bad happens to the city?

* It’s strange and unfortunate that Napster is shutting down just as I’m getting a new computer.

* Has anybody noticed the similarities between the Eagles’ two free-agent signings, James Thrash and Ndukwe Kalu? Both players were either drafted by or in training camp with the Eagles when Ray Rhodes was the head coach. Both players went to the Washington Redskins, where they enjoyed moderate success. And both players are now back in Philly at much higher salaries.

Einstein of the Week: You know, how, like, some kids, you know, like, use words and phrases like “like” and “you know what I mean,” like, a lot? I once heard somebody on the bus use the phrase “you know what I mean” no fewer than 6 times in less than 45 seconds. Isn’t one of the purposes of going to school to expand one’s vocabulary?