Details on housing selection process announced

Details on the housing selection process for the 2002-03 school year were announced by Temple Student Government this week. Letters are being sent out this week to all resident students. Students must pay their tuition

Details on the housing selection process for the 2002-03 school year were announced by Temple Student Government this week.

Letters are being sent out this week to all resident students. Students must pay their tuition bills by March 5 in order to be eligible for the housing lottery. Financial holds will be applied to student’s accounts on March 12 for all those who have not paid their bills by that date.

Housing deposits will be due between March 18-27. Lottery numbers will be generated and distributed at the end of March.

Housing selection for singles in 1300 and six person rooms in Temple Towers will take place on April 8 through a separate lottery from the general room selection. Housing selection will take place for rising sophomores April 9-12. Rising juniors will have room selection April 22-24, and rising seniors April 24-26.

TSG Vice President of Academic Affairs Nicole Viscomi announced that beginning next year, students would be required to finish incomplete classes within a year. If this is not adhered to, a new policy on incompletes will be considered. Details on this new policy were not given. “I highly suggest finishing these [incomplete] classes,” Viscomi said.

TSG President TJ Baker reminded students that FAFSA information must be submitted by March 1 for the 2002-2003 school year.

Four bills were passed by TSG. The BET College Weekend at King’s Dominion the weekend of April 12-14 was allotted $5,900. The funds will subsidize tickets, transportation, and lodging. TSG allotted $3,920 for promotional items, including pencils, pens, and keychain lanyards. These items will be given out by TSG for promotional purposes. An interactive African American Heritage Month program that took place on Feb. 26 received $3,050. The final bill passed allocated $3,800 for the TSG Web site project.

New organizational delegates were confirmed and sworn in at the meeting. Several allocations bills for organizations were also passed by the body.