Dirt can handle NSYNC scandal

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens and gay sex scandals. These are a few of my favorite things. I just can’t help myself. And apparently neither can Lance Bass. Remember that furrow-browed, bottle-blonde fella from

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens and gay sex scandals. These are a few of my favorite things. I just can’t help myself. And apparently neither can Lance Bass. Remember that furrow-browed, bottle-blonde fella from *NSYNC? Well he’s been a busy little monkey, swinging around with reality TV gigolo Reichen Lehmkuhl.

Reichen, winner of CBS’s The Amazing Race, had some public dalliances last year with Clay Aiken. Apparently he wants greener pastures. Again, I cry, we never suspected Lance of being a big queen? Bass has notoriously maintained a hetero profile, but spies all over Nashville (I know, right?) claim to have seen the two coupled up.

Whatever. I don’t judge, I just give you the tools to make informed decisions. So I’m sitting here, pondering what kind of stunts to pull for my last column. Pyro? Dancers? Exhaustion and dehydration? We’ll see. Today the stunting belongs to Juliette Lewis.

The indie darling cum rock chick is now hitting the West End. Lewis will play lead in Sam Shepard’s Fool For Love in London’s famous theater district.

“I just couldn’t say no. The material is so provocative and visceral that I’m really excited to do it,” Lewis said.

OK, girl. This might be an awkward transition, but I have to say immediately that Hilary Swank is pressing forward with divorce proceedings with Chad Lowe, despite her denial on the Oscar carpet.

Things you should know: Victoria Beckham is “32,” Colin Farrell has fallen off the wagon, David Lachapelle is helping Courtney Love get some good press in good makeup by taking her to dinner, Nicole Richie and DJ AM are back together for the time being.

By the way, I’m not commenting on this Lindsay Lohan/Jessica Simpson fight. I will confirm it happened at the new, hot dive bar The Dive. I will say that there are three versions of the story, all involving a bitchy hair stylist and Brett Ratner. And that I’m rooting for Lohan. But that’s all you get.

Check out the new issue of W Magazine, featuring a fabulous spread of new buddies Lindsay Lohan and Meryl Streep. The two will co-star in the upcoming mega-ensemble A Prairie Home Companion from auteur Robert Altman.

Remember Pete Doherty? Crackalicious boyfriend of Kate Moss? He’s moved past beating lines off a mirror and on to beating photographers in the street. The poor photog from Irish News of the World was assaulted outside a concert festival in Belfast. The good news: his paparazzi brethren snapped away as Pete rolled on him.

I’m not going to lie, its been a slow week in terms of Dirt. The weather has sent all our beloved stars on vacations (Beyonce and Jay-Z in Miami) and shopping for three days straight (Katie Holmes and her alien baby bump).

I shall use this column space to initiate a fire storm of applicants: The Temple News is going to need someone to write celebrity and entertainment news come fall. I know, I have large and intimidating Gucci loafers to fill.

Who among you can rise to the challenge? Send interest to the editor or to me personally.

To all of my readers: Please catch the final issue of Dirt in next week’s paper and online. I’m getting fuklempt already. Peace, love and Dirt.

Matt Donnelly can be reached at DirtTheFragrance@yahoo.com.