Enjoy drink specials and waterfalls at Delaware Ave. clubs

If you’re tired of frat parties, check out Delaware Avenue’s waterfront. The bar scene here is fun and affordable. But be sure to get to these hot spots soon – the outdoor ones close when

If you’re tired of frat parties, check out Delaware Avenue’s waterfront. The bar scene here is fun and affordable. But be sure to get to these hot spots soon – the outdoor ones close when the temperatures drop.

Bamboo Bar

This new addition to Philly nightlife sits on a huge outdoor deck and features a tropical waterfall that cascades into a pool – and, yes, you can jump in. With vibrant lights, spacious dance floors, stages, multiple bars, palm trees and loud music, Bamboo Bar is an experience.

Q102 broadcasts live every Friday night and you can party with DJs Rocco, Richie Rich and Jesse Jordan. There are always different events and concerts taking place at Bamboo. In addition, the club features bikini contests and boasts a house bikini team.

As Drexel student Ronee Guzman said, Bamboo is “no doubt the best bar in Philly. It has a great atmosphere and the girls are out of this world.”

Friday night specials include $2 Coors Lite bottles all night and $2 well drinks until midnight. That includes rum and cokes, vodka cranberries, screwdrivers, tequila sunrises and more. At such a cheap price, who can resist?

Customer Jim Duffy said other reasons people flock to Bamboo are “the fun and beautiful bartenders, the music, lights and excitement.” Another customer, Matt Hornfield, agreed that the club is simply “off the hook.”

Bamboo is loud and entertaining. Young crowds at clubs are typical, but where else in Philly can you see that younger crowd teaching the “soldier boy” dance to older adults? Oh, yes, this bar has it all: beats that force your body to dance, friendly employees, fun customers and palm trees that make the club feel like a tropical oasis in the middle of the city.

You can wear as much or as little as you wish, but this club is definitely stylish. No plain white or solid-colored T-shirts and no doo-rags. Boots and Timberlands are allowed.

Although this bar will close later in October, once it gets colder, don’t worry too much. Bamboo plans to move indoors. Also, if you need a fix, these innovative club owners opened The Roxxy right next door.

The Roxxy

This chic nightclub has the ambience of The Roxxy in New York, yet has its own unique style. Don’t miss the grand opening party this Friday, Oct. 12, with an open bar from 9 p.m. – 10 p.m.

This club knows how to party every day of the week and there is never a dull moment. Wednesday is hip hop-heavy Urban Night, Thursdays are set aside for special events and on Friday nights, Q102 broadcasts live in conjunction with BlackRay productions. Saturdays are 21-to-enter and Sundays are Reggae Night with Roger Culture and DJ Rookie.

Friday night specials include $2 Coors Lite bottles all night and $2 well drinks until midnight. The cover charge varies, but you can always get in for reduced or free admission if you sign up for the MySpace guest list. If you want to separate yourself from the masses, bottle service and VIP areas are available Friday and Saturday nights. Roxxy is always available to book parties.

General Manager Darrel Jones said its individuality stems from “having the most diverse crowd in Philly’s nightclubs, ranging from college students to young professionals, black, white, Asian and Latino. It’s a place for everyone in Philly.”

You can expect to take this club shaken not stirred, and with extra rum, fun and glam overflowing from your cup.

The dress is casual but fashionable. Roxxy, like Bamboo, allows you to wear Timberlands or boots, but doesn’t permit solid T-shirts or doo-rags.

The atmosphere is like the bar’s best drinks: cosmopolitan and a mind-eraser. Go to Roxxy’s if you want to party like a rock star.

Cavanaugh’s River Deck

While you’re out and about on Delaware Avenue, don’t forget to check out Cavanaugh’s, an outdoor deck bar that you can walk to from Bamboo and Roxxy.

The crowd at Cavanaugh’s ranges from college students to young professionals. Besides booking private parties for fraternities, sororities, birthdays and graduations, the club also offers great energy, lots of dancing and a sweeping view of the Delaware River.

Cavanaugh’s has six full-service bars that serve beer, Appletinis, wings, fajitas, cheesesteaks and salads. They play rock and dance music, but no hip-hop. You can eat, drink, dance, play pool and relax by the river.

Friday night specials include $3 Bud and Bud Light bottles until midnight and Saturday has $2 Miller Lites from 10 until midnight. Both nights offer $10 minimum party packages for open bars.

Manager Meghan Litz said “it’s always one huge party.”

Get to Cavanuagh’s before they close at the end of October. They’ll be redecking and renovating and are scheduled to reopen in April.

The dress code is as follows: ladies, wear high heels at your own risk on the decks, and guys, no sideways hats, solid T-shirts, visible chains, doo-rags, bandannas, work boots or Timberlands. Dress comfortable, casual and stylish.

Annette Gollan can be reached at annette.gollan@temple.edu.