Exhibit brings gadgets, gizmos

Spas, knives, pillows and even pens were displayed for homeowners and curious consumers alike when the Pennsylvania Convention Center welcomed the Philadelphia Home Show. Amidst the 11 aisles of endless appliances and services, visitors could

Spas, knives, pillows and even pens were displayed for homeowners and curious consumers alike when the Pennsylvania Convention Center welcomed the Philadelphia Home Show.

Amidst the 11 aisles of endless appliances and services, visitors could witness products in action, “as seen on TV” or even the completely furnished room of a local news anchor.

Every year the Philadelphia Home Show brings exhibitors from all over the area to entice visitors with the latest fads in home, gardening and décor. Exhibits ranged from pools and antiques to cabinetry and mirrors. Visitors were able to gather information about services and products and walk away with small complimentary household items.

The Tupperware exhibit highlighted their new FlatOut! Containers which visitors could purchase then and there. Also, the Amazing 3-in-1 broom by Sweepa and the super chamois were ready to be purchased and used to eliminate household messes. Those looking to blend, chop, grind, mix and mince could purchase the bamix wand mixer from Switzerland.

Homeowners were able to see what their lawns could look like with the grandeur of an elegant gazebo or fountains lined with flowers. The hippest new sinks of varying colors and designs added to the array of eye-catching displays.

Not only could visitors hunt down the aisles for the newest products, they could also witness the work of top designers. The rooms of six Philadelphia news anchors were reconstructed, displaying the fine work of the area’s top interior designers.

Kroungold’s of Cherry Hill and Philadelphia helped to design rooms in the homes of George Mallet and Jennaphr Frederick, co-hosts of FOX29’s Good Day Philadelphia.

Frederick’s bedroom emanated warmth with red walls and gold accents. Open books and magazines lying on the designer bed and red chair gave the room a personable feel. A model of Frederick’s white cat was sleeping on the red-checked comforter folded at the foot of the bed.

Scott Engler of WB17’s News at Ten featured his living room, which was created by Le Montage of Voorhees, N.J. The walls of the exotic room were painted to give the natural look of wood. With sculptures of animals and dark wood accents, Engler’s room was designed with style and class.

Homeowners Philip and Marilyn Konicky of Bucks County were excited to see the Home Show’s various exhibits this year.

“We love to watch the home design shows on TV for the ideas, and now [at the Home Show] it’s all at our fingertips,” Marilyn Konicky said. The pair wants to redo a bathroom, garage and basement at their own house. They came to the Home Show for ideas, product names and local contractors.

Philip Konicky added, “I’m constantly researching information on the Web, but [at the Home Show] I can see and touch the products and meet with professionals. I can go beyond looking at a Web site and see the actual product.”

The Philadelphia Home Show gave exhibitors the chance to attract thousands of prospective clients, while visitors were given the opportunity to find solutions to their home improvement dilemmas. The Home Show was a live catalogue for those remodeling, improving and landscaping.

From finding vendors in one’s area and discovering the possibilities to buying rubber stamps and rainbow pens, the Philadelphia Home Show brought the consumers and vendors together. The Home Show runs until today. For more information visit www.phillyhomeshow.com.

Kaitlyn Dreyling can be reached at khd1217@temple.edu.