FirstGlance 5 Philadelphia Film and Video Festival

FirstGlance Films P.O. Box 571105 Tarzana CA 91356 (L.A.) 818-464-3544 (Philly) 215-552-8566 www.newimaging.com FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 19, 2002, FirstGlance 5: Philadelphia Film and Video Festival Offers Indie Talents Time to Shine www.newimaging.com FirstGlance 5,

FirstGlance Films
P.O. Box 571105
Tarzana CA 91356
(L.A.) 818-464-3544
(Philly) 215-552-8566
www.newimaging.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 19, 2002,

FirstGlance 5: Philadelphia Film and Video Festival
Offers Indie Talents Time to Shine
www.newimaging.com
FirstGlance 5, Philadelphia’s first and only underground, independent, competitive, bi-coastal film and video festival, is proud to announce that it will run from Friday March 22, 2002 to Sunday March 24, 2002 at the Alley Arts Studio at 1520 Latimer Street, Center City Philadelphia. Doors open 6:00 p.m. Friday and 11:45 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
The Friday Night Gala includes the FirstNight reception with food, drink, and special invited guests including Sharon Pinkenson (Executive Director, Greater Philadelphia Film Office), Michelle Paiva (Mrs. Pennsylvania 2002) and others. During the Gala, the 2nd Annual FirstGlance Award is presented to a Philadelphian who has had an impact on the film industry in Philadelphia and Hollywood. Last years’ winner was M. Night Shyamalan. Who will it be this year? The FirstNight Gala is then followed by an evening of Philadelphia Premiere projects.
All who attend the FirstNight Gala will have the opportunity to win a Weekend Pass, which includes free admission to all screenings and buy one get one concessions. Also, as an official sponsor of the March 12, 2002 home video and DVD release of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment’s SEXY BEAST, FirstGlance invites all attendants of the FirstNight Gala to enter-to-win a VHS or DVD copy of the Academy Award® nominated film. SEXY BEAST stars Academy Award® winner, and this year’s Oscar® nominee for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Ben Kingsley. FirstNight Gala attendants also have the opportunity to enter-to-win a trip to England or Spain in the SEXY BEAST – Dying To Get Away Sweepstakes.

FirstGlance is excited to include the talents of Martin Sheen, Kevin Spacey, Joe Estevez, Carol Kane and Alexis Arquette, as well as Philadelphia’s former mayor Ed Rendell, among the group of talented actors and directors to be screened at FirstGlance 5.

FirstGlance 5 invites you to experience an event of alternative and mainstream work. FirstGlance 5 is proud to present 35 great film and video projects from around the block and around the world. Special screenings of the winners of FirstGlance 2: Los Angeles will be presented along with a wonderful mix of features, shorts, documentaries, student films, animation and experimental projects from professionals and students. With FirstGlance’s new and improved jury card, the audience decides the best projects in the festival. FirstGlance is the first festival to offer the audience the chance to vote for the festival winners. In addition to our prize packages, winners in the Best Feature, Best Short, and Best Philadelphia Project, will be awarded the Action/Cut Filmmaking Seminar worth over $350.00 each.
All projects are exhibited on state-of-the-art video projection systems, keeping the festival affordable for both the filmmakers and the audience. An evening of films and videos can be enjoyed for less than the cost of a regular movie ticket. Visit the FirstGlance site, www.newimaging.com for up to the minute information on finalists, schedules, ticket sales and other information on our festivals.
Invite your friends, family, colleagues, and fellow filmmakers to the event of the year and become part of a growing community of independent film and video makers from all across the country. FirstGlance appreciates your support of the indie scene in Philadelphia and Los Angeles and looks forward to becoming the premiere independent festival on both coasts. Stay tuned to FirstGlance for many innovative improvements and surprises for both the website and the festival circuit.
Tickets are available in advance by check or money order, or during the festival. However, we suggest you buy early. Tickets will go fast.
Tickets on sale now!
Call or log-on and order your tickets.
ONLY
$8.00 admission for screenings
$20.00 FirstNight Reception and screenings
$50 Weekend Pass
Check out our special offers online!
www.newimaging.com for schedules and ticket order information
Please feel free to contact us for interviews, newspaper or magazine articles, television or radio special interest segments or if you’d be interested in pre-viewing a project by one of our finalists for a film review.
Co-Sponsored by New Imaging Productions, The Artists Rights Foundation, The Greater Philadelphia Film Office, Action/Cut Filmmaking Seminar & Videotapes Moviemaker Magazine, Movies Unlimited, Rudy Jones Multimedia Productions, 20th Century Fox Entertainment, and The Alley Arts Studio.
# # #