Former Owls wide receiver will not be suspended by the NFL

After being arrested twice this past calendar year, Robby Anderson will not be suspended by the NFL for the current 2018 season.

Robby Anderson catches a touchdown in Temple's 49-10 win over Tulane on Saturday. | Geneva Heffernan TTN
Robby Anderson catches a touchdown in Temple's 49-10 win over Tulane in Oct. 2015 | Geneva Heffernan TTN

Former Temple University and current New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson will not be suspended by the NFL for his two arrests in his home state of Florida within the past two years, NFL.com reported.

In May 2017, Anderson was charged with a felony for resisting arrest. He faced the charge for allegedly pushing a police officer after fighting with security at the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami. None of the other officers present during the incident could confirm that Anderson pushed Capt. Javier Ortiz, and the charge was dropped a year later.

In June, Anderson pled no contest to a misdemeanor reckless driving charge and will serve six months probation stemming from an incident in January. Anderson was arrested after failing to yield during a traffic stop while allegedly driving 105 mph in a 45-mph zone.

Once pulled over, Anderson allegedly resisted being placed in a patrol car and threatened to sexually assault the arresting officer’s wife. Anderson initially faced nine charges, two of which were felonies, before being charged with one count of misdemeanor reckless driving in April.

“It was a valuable lesson, but I really don’t want people to look at me and focus on that situation alone because mistakes do happen,” Anderson told NFL Network in July.

Anderson starred in two seasons as an Owl. He played 10 games as a redshirt sophomore in 2013 and competed in all 14 games as a redshirt senior in 2015. Anderson had 70 receptions and 939 reception yards in 2015. He led the Owls with seven receiving touchdowns that season.

Anderson joined the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2016. The third-year wideout has 113 career catches for 1,636 yards and 10 touchdowns.