G20 Summit draws leaders and protests

Anarchists dressed in all black march toward downtown Pittsburgh
Saturday, Sept. 26 in protest of the G20 summit taking place.

Commencing from a small neighborhood park, The People’s Uprising, one of many groups protesting the G20 Summit in Pittsburgh, brought together hundreds of people to express their sentiments of disapproval against a myriad of issues. feature_news

These issues, discussed during the group of 20’s meeting range from the climate to the economy.

Bringing together groups of people, including anarchists dressed completely in black, the city was well prepared, having brought in about as many police officers as there were protestors. While tear gas and riot sirens were employed, it was a relatively non-violent.

Photo by TTN Photo Editor Kevin Cook

4 Comments

1. Some of these so called anarchists are actually undercover police trying to start problems so that the heavily armed police can have a reason to attack. All the real protesters are very non-violent, except for some with their words.

2. If you want to really know what went down. visit youtube and search 2009 g-20 summit. There are several accounts of raw footage where you will witness how yet another one of our constitutional rights are being denied. you will see footage of PEACEFUL protestors and some onlookers with no involvement being beaten and arrested just for excersizng their freedom to assemble and their freedom of speech. WE CANT LET THIS KEEP HAPPENING DEMAND ACTION FROM YOUR LOCAL REPS TO PROTECT OUR RIGHTS>>>> YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TO BEAR ARMS…you’re WRONG!!! YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASSEMBLE AND PROTEST PEACEFULLY…..wrong AGAIN!!!! YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH AND EXPRESSION….apparently you’d better THINK AGAIN, or else.! Now ask yourself…WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT??