Grub, booze and plasma

Fifteen of the city’s tallest buildings are bleeding green. And this emerald haze isn’t acid fog, it’s the beacon of Eagles fever. But don’t feel bad about not being able to get to Jacksonville; I

Fifteen of the city’s tallest buildings are bleeding green. And this emerald haze isn’t acid fog, it’s the beacon of Eagles fever. But don’t feel bad about not being able to get to Jacksonville; I can’t afford tickets either. Being broke doesn’t mean you have to miss the comeback of T.O. on Super Bowl Sunday. Just think, those people who did manage to score tickets probably paid more than a grand a pop. Now you’ll feel even better about yourself while sipping a $2 Yuengling at Buffalo Bill’s. Check out these pubs, sports bars and restaurants for a grand ‘ol party on the big day. If you get out of control, make sure you aren’t wearing a Temple shirt. Be aware that most bars this Sunday are catering to the 21 and over.

The Smoked Joint
1420 Locust St., (215) 732-7500

For $30, you can pig out on barbecue goodness while watching the big game on plasma TVs. The party includes drink specials and prizes.

Cavanaugh’s
S. 39th St., (215) 386-4889.

A pitcher of Yuengling Lager for $7.75 or if the game really starts to stink, try a mug of Flying Fish for $2.75.

Buffalo Bill’s
Chestnut St., (215) 574-7665

Bill’s will have two 10-foot projection screens with surround for Sunday’s game. It gets better. There’s no cover charge, and drink specials are $2 for Yuengling or Coors Light. If you are getting bored with the Eagles’ extreme domination, you can rack up some fun on one of Bill’s 10 pool tables.

Chickie and Pete’s
4010 Robbins Ave, (215) 338-3060,
1500 Roosevelt Boulevard,
(215) 856-9890,
15th and Packer Avenues.

Hands feeling a little itchy? If you feel like spending a wad of cash, you can reserve a table for $100. The price includes an open bar, an open menu and special prize giveaways. Call for details.

Manayunk Brewery & Restaurant
4120 Main St., Manayunk, (215) 482-8220

For those people taking a road trip to the Yunk, stop by the Manayunk Brewery & Restaurant for $3.50 Schuylkill Punch Pints.

McGillin’s Old Ale House
1310 Drury St., (215) 218-1439

Many football fans will be rooting for Donovan McNabb. In light of lucky No. 5, At McGillin’s you can get five drafts for $6.

Alysha Brennan can be reached at alysha@temple.edu.