Hollywood Hot Topics

Valentine’s Day is passed, but the trials and tribulations of love are still in full swing for celebrities in and outside of Hollywood. On the international front, Prince Charles, heir to the British throne, will

Valentine’s Day is passed, but the trials and tribulations of love are still in full swing for celebrities in and outside of Hollywood. On the international front, Prince Charles, heir to the British throne, will finally tie the knot with long-time lover, Camilla Parker-Bowles. The ceremony will take place in April in the Windsor Castle in England, with Dr. Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, presiding. It is a union wrought with controversy, since the Church of England, the official religion of the royal family, looks down upon the remarriage of divorcees. Camilla Parker-Bowles’ ex-husband is still alive, and Charles divorced his first wife, Princess Diana of Wales, in the mid-1990s.

While Charles and Camilla begin the search for a wedding ring, the engagement ring at the center of the former Ben Affleck-Jennifer Lopez romance, has been put back on the market. The ring, a $1.2 million, 6.1-carat pink diamond solitaire, was purchased by Affleck from Harry Winston Jewelers in 2002. Rumor has it that the ring was “re-acquired” by the same jewelers, who are now offering it to “serious buyers” only.

Nicole Ritchie, the ditsy co-star of the Fox series The Simple Life, recently became engaged to boyfriend DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein. Ritchie, daughter of singer Lionel Ritchie, and Goldstein were together for a year before they opted to make their relationship a legal union. No wedding date has been set. It will be the first wedding for both.

Meanwhile, Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt is reportedly dating model April Florio after meeting her through a friend, Ocean’s Twelve co-star George Clooney. Clooney introduced Pitt to the 22-year-old hot number last summer in Europe during the filming of Ocean’s Twelve. He might be living it up with a younger woman, but Pitt still has to come home to his former spouse, actress Jennifer Aniston, who still lives with him in their Beverly Hills mansion.

While some couples have found love, others are discovering that marriage isn’t all it’s dreamt to be. Pop singer Britney Spears is supposedly living in the midst of a troubled marriage to husband Kevin Federline. The couple has been married for almost five months, yet sources close to the couple are speculating that the relationship is on the verge of ending. The main issue according to magazines and tabloids is Federline’s attitude toward being a parent. Spears wants to start a family, but Federline’s behavior towards Spears’ dogs have prompted the young singer to reconsider having children. Apparently, his decision to leave his last girlfriend, actress Shar Jackson, while she was pregnant with their second child, had no bearing on Spears’ decision.

From us at Hollywood Hot Topic to you, our beloved, celebrity gossip-craving readers, Happy Belated Valentine’s Day!

Marta Rusek can be reached at mrusek@temple.edu.