Hot stars means more hot drama

Paris Hilton. Girlie is a hot mess. We all know about the phone scandal. Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas wants to “kill” her for the offensive e-mails and phone messages. I did, however, see

Paris Hilton. Girlie is a hot mess. We all know about the phone scandal. Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas wants to “kill” her for the offensive e-mails and phone messages. I did, however, see the trailer for Paris’ upcoming screamfest House of Wax. It looks tacky and terrifying, so perhaps Miss Hilton can gloss over her latest worries with some old fashioned Femme Fatale shtick.

Speaking of upcoming movies, where in the hell is Rumor Has It? Jennifer Aniston’s first post-Friends flick has the buzz of a comedy classic. With a supporting cast of Kevin Costner, Shirley MacLaine, Mena Suvari and Mark Ruffalo, how couldn’t it be? Warner Bros. slated the film for an April release, and now it’s been pushed back to December. Could those tricky bastards at the studio be gunning for Oscar gold? Time will tell. Meanwhile, look for Jen-Jen in Derailed with Clive Owen.

Let us visit Happy Town and speak to the mayor, Sharon Stone. Lately she’s been speaking on lesbian love for the sequel to Basic Instinct.

“There is lesbian love, we’re testing for her now,” Stone told Access Hollywood. Any more leg crossing? She said you’d have to buy your ticket and find out.

For all you Project Runway fans, what the hell is with Jay McCarroll’s win? That show was all about Kara Saun. I’m not well. Kara’s understanding of intricate, tailored looks coupled with her knack for glamour and luxury makes her an easy fit into the fashion world. You’re a winner in Dirt’s book, Kara!

Will Smith, the February box office king, has been talking shop to reporters about casting Latin beauty Eva Mendes opposite him in Hitch. The actor claims that casting two African-Americans in a love story alienates a global audience, and casting a white woman would turn off audiences in the United States.

“There’s sort of an accepted myth that if you have two black actors, a male and a female, in the lead of a romantic comedy, that people around the world don’t want to see it,” Smith told The Birmingham Post.

Hot stars, hot controversy.

The Oscars are upon us, kids. What were your favorite presenter basket items? E-mail me and let me know.

Matt Donnelly can be reached at mattdonn@temple.edu.