If you go…

<font face=”verdana, arial, helvetica” size=”2″ color=”#ffffff”If you go… • What: Temple vs. Virginia Tech • When: Noon, Saturday • Where: Veterans’ Stadium • Records: Temple- 2-6, 1-4 Big East; Virginia Tech- 6-2, 3-2 (No. 23

<font face=”verdana, arial, helvetica” size=”2″ color=”#ffffff”If you go…
What: Temple vs. Virginia Tech
When: Noon, Saturday
Where: Veterans’ Stadium
Records: Temple- 2-6, 1-4 Big East; Virginia Tech- 6-2, 3-2 (No. 23 AP/No. 22 USA Today/ESPN Coaches Poll)
Last meeting: Virginia Tech, then the No. 3 team in the nation, beat Temple last year 35-13. Quarterback Michael Vick, now with the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL, had two touchdowns, as did running back Lee Suggs, who missed this season due to injury. Three years ago Temple upset the Hokies 28-24 in Blacksburg. Virginia Tech is 11-3 all-time against the Owls.
Last week: Temple lost to No. 1 Miami 38-0. Temple’s defense had a big day holding Miami to only two first half scores. Temple’s Jairo Almonte and Almonese Boyles sacked Miami’s Ken Dorsey. It was the first sack Miami has given up since last December. Virginia Tech was stunned 38-7 by Pittsburgh last week.
Does Temple stand a chance against the Hokies?: Does Temple stand a chance against the Hokies?: Just like the win at Blacksburg three years ago was a miracle, beating the Hokies this year is a long shot. Virginia Tech is out of the running for a BCS bowl game with last week’s loss. They’ll be hungry to show that the loss to Pitt wasn’t the start of a trend. Hokies Coach Frank Beamer said, “Right now we have to be as good as we can be. We’re getting ready to play a Temple team that plays very hard … our thoughts are on Temple right now, not the BCS.”