INTERNET DISCONNECTION DISRUPTS STUDYING, SURFING

The latest incident in ongoing campus computer problems left students stranded without Internet access on Monday, Oct. 2, from about 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The Internet service interruption prevented any access to the Internet

The latest incident in ongoing campus computer problems left students stranded without Internet access on Monday, Oct. 2, from about 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

The Internet service interruption prevented any access to the Internet from any campus computer lab. It did not hinder the dorm-based Ethernet.

Hundreds of students off-campus were also effected by the outage.

Students in distance learning courses were unable to join their classes or to access any online services provided by Temple.

The Temple University home site was available from campus, but students could not get information through off-campus computers.

Temple spokesmen said the university’s link was up and the outage was a result of an internal routing problem at Verizon.

Verizon spokesmen declined to comment on the status of the company’s Internet service provider.

According to a spokesman from Academic Computer Services, the problems faced by students throughout the semester all have been related to internal problems at Verizon.

Adam Ferrero of Temple’s Telecommunications Help Desk said that a follow-up call placed to Verizon about the nature of the problem was answered simply with the phrase that it was fixed while testing.