Joe Christian’s Letter to the Editor Nov 21, 2002

Dear Editor, The debate on abortion has been one that has been hotly contested for years. What a person does with their own body is their decision, not mine, the religious fantatics and not the

Dear Editor,

The debate on abortion has been one that has been hotly contested for years. What a person does with their own body is their decision, not mine, the religious fantatics and not the goverment (unless medically unable). How the religious minions out there think it is their right to force their view of what the world should be on me is not only arrogant but down right rude.

I was throughly disgusted with the pictures that the Genocide Awareness Project (GAP) put on campus. I am saying this as a veteran of the Gulf War and seeing what a body looks like after being ran over by a tank. Yes the shock value is there, but comparing terror attacks to the Holocaust to abortion is not only illogical, but completely unrelated. To do things like this and not be able to truly defend why they are the same, shows a lack of true understanding. If abortions are made illegal, then you are going to see alot of backroom abortions and then you will see an increase in death in women seeking those.

If religion is so important, yes Jesus Christ said “Suffer the little children to come unto me”. But he also said “Judge not lest ye be judged”. Joe Christian is straight up judging others by saying hateful things such as “sick act of murder”. Joe, if you truly are Christian, then act like it, don’t be a hypocrite with the words you proclaim to follow.