Kissinger appointment compromises 9/11 investigation

Henry Kissinger, an ultra-conservative, has been the subject of much controversy. He is a popular subject of books, biographies and documentaries — most of which focus on his war crimes. Now, as chairman of the

Henry Kissinger, an ultra-conservative, has been the subject of much controversy.

He is a popular subject of books, biographies and documentaries — most of which focus on his war crimes.

Now, as chairman of the Sept. 11 investigation, Kissinger is in charge of investigating the deaths of more than 3,000 people, but he is personally responsible for far more.

As such, President Bush did a disservice to the victims of Sept. 11 and their families by appointing Kissinger to examine the tragic event.

Kissinger’s list of credentials is impressive – he has a Ph.D. from Harvard, a Nobel Peace Prize and is an expert on international relations.

But he has committed acts that can only be described as terrorism.

He has been accused of deliberately prolonging the Vietnam War, and extending conflicts in Cambodia and Laos.

Just last year a lawsuit was filed against him, accusing him of being responsible for the death of a Chilean army commander.

It was reported that Kissinger was chosen for the post because he does not have any government ties that could influence the investigation.

But it was most likely Kissinger’s record of secrecy and genocide that put him over the top.

His close association with Nixon alone, who appointed him Secretary of State and National Security Adviser, should have been enough to disqualify him.

But Bush is operating under the knowledge that Kissinger is good at detecting a cover-up and hiding information.

Kissinger currently runs an international consulting business, and he claims that he will abandon any clients that may cause a conflict of interest in the investigation.

Yet the names of his clients are being kept secret, making it impossible to know if he is telling the truth.

But one thing is certain: the results of the Sept. 11 investigation will be questioned because of Kissinger’s bloodied reputation.

Marea Kasten can be reached at temple_news@hotmail.com