Knoll awaits sentencing in DUI case

Temple student Dreamah Knoll, 23, was convicted this past December of driving under the influence during the February 2006 crash that killed Ciara Deprill. Knoll was exonerated from the original charges of homicide by vehicle,

Temple student Dreamah Knoll, 23, was convicted this past December of driving under the influence during the February 2006 crash that killed Ciara Deprill. Knoll was exonerated from the original charges of homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, and homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence.

Knoll’s attorney, Brian McMonagle, said Knoll’s sentencing would resume once her semester has ended. She is eligible for a 90-day sentence without parole.

Knoll, a biology major, is completing her final semester.

On Feb. 4, 2006, around 3 a.m., Knoll was driving westbound on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge with friend Ciara Deprill when Knoll’s vehicle hit a concrete median-barrier head on. Her blood alcohol level was 0.10 percent, two points above Pennsylvania’s legal limit. Following the accident, Knoll was transported to Jefferson University Hospital in critical condition.

Deprill, 19, also a Temple student, was ejected from the car and pronounced dead at the scene, police said. According to Allentown’s Morning Call newspaper, Knoll and Deprill had worked together at Club 27, a nightclub located in the Old City section of Philadelphia. When not in school, Deprill resided in Allentown with her parents, Candice Deprill and Keith Speight, and her five brothers.

Deprill was a 2004 graduate of William Allen High School.

Kylee Messner can be reached at kylee.messner@temple.edu.