Liacouras Center hosts play

The theatrical production of “What Men Don’t Tell,” starring singers Kenny Lattimore and Chante Moore, is set to open Tuesday, April 27 at the Liacouras Center. Written by Laterras Whitfield, “What Men Don’t Tell” focuses

The theatrical production of “What Men Don’t Tell,” starring singers Kenny Lattimore and Chante Moore, is set to open Tuesday, April 27 at the Liacouras Center.

Written by Laterras Whitfield, “What Men Don’t Tell” focuses on three men who are battling with addictions. Patrick, the CEO of a marketing firm, has an obsession with power; Monticello, a platinum R&B singer, is fixated on money; and Stephan, a sales rep, is addicted to sex.

The play, featuring “scintillating gospel music,” “encompasses the trapped motions of the male,” said Liacouras Center representative Scott Walcoff in a press release.

Through its music and story, “What Men Don’t Tell” shows audiences how hard work is necessary to maintain healthy relationships with the opposite sex, as well as how God can truly change a man’s heart.

The play’s husband and wife team of Lattimore and Moore, who recently recorded the album Things That Lovers Do, brings life to the play with their dynamic voices. Their album features the hit songs “Born Again,” “You Don’t Have to Cry” and “When I Say I Do.”

In 1997, Lattimore’s album From the Soul of Man, featuring the song “For You,” received critical acclaim. Moore, the daughter of a minister, has recorded albums such as Precious, A Love Supreme and Exposed. Recently, she released the single “One More Time” with saxophonist Kenny G.

“What Men Don’t Tell” also stars Lenny Williams, Dottie Peoples and R&B star Gary Jenkins from the band SILK. The show will run from April 27 to May 2. Tickets, ranging from $22.50 to $37.50, are available at the Liacouras Box Office or through TicketMaster. For more information, call (215) 732-1366.

Sara Getz can be reached at sgetz418@temple.edu