Listings: Smokin’ Joe, Anderson Cooper, Fresh Grocer, Low Key

Check out these events happening on and near Main Campus.

A Smokin’ Good Night: Celebrating Boxer Joe Frazier’s Life and a Philly Landmark
Student Center, Underground
October 16, 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Free

Tyler School of Art’s architecture department and The National Trust for Historic Preservation will be hosting a screening of the critically-acclaimed documentary, “Joe Frazier: When the Smoke Clears.” A panel discussion historic and local preservation will follow the screening. Panelists will include a Tyler architecture student, along with representatives from the community and other preservation efforts. The event is free, with movie concessions provided.

A Conversation with Anderson Cooper
Tomlinson Theater
October 18
2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Free

Anderson Cooper will join students in Tomlinson Theater following the Lew Klein Alumni in the Media Awards, where he will have been presented the Excellence in Media Award. The Q&A is free and first come-first serve.

Fresh Grocer Supermarket Tour
Fresh Grocer
October 18
3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Free

Student Health Services’ nutritionist will be leading a tour of Fresh Grocer to hands-on give tips on how to save money, eat well-balanced meals and try new food. The deadline to register for this free event is Oct. 16. To register email lori.clements@temple.edu and make the subject line: Grocery Store Tour. Include your name, phone number and tour date.

Low Key Takes Temple
Student Center, Room 217CD
October 19
7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Free

A cappella group Low Key will be having a cabaret performance, featuring covers of U2’s “Beautiful Day,” Sara Bareilles’ “Uncharted” and more.

Babylon The Experience: We The Poets
Student Center, Underground
October 19
8 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
$5

Babel, Temple’s poetry collective, will be having its first show of the semester. The show will be hosted by Noel Scales and Homecoming King Thomas Green, and will be streamed online via WHIP Radio’s “The Weewo Show” and iHeartRadio.