Lots of R&R

After weeks of midterm stress, a day of beauty and rest is the perfect prescription for relaxation. Luckily, Philadelphia offers a variety of spas and salons with affordable packages. The Adolf Biecker Salon is a

After weeks of midterm stress, a day of beauty and rest is the perfect prescription for relaxation. Luckily, Philadelphia offers a variety of spas and salons with affordable packages.

The Adolf Biecker Salon is a 60-year-old Philadelphia legend. With its new “feel good” packages designed to soothe the skin, the salon prides itself on a staff dedicated to meeting all the customers’ needs. A customer can order the “Sunday at the Spa” package which includes a facial and a massage, along with a gourmet lunch. The total package runs about $190. The salon also offers individual scalp massages, a spa glow, manicures, pedicures and hair styling.

Men are invited with a special “Men’s Club” package, which offers a scalp massage along with a haircut and a tasty lunch.

For more information on the five-hour “Day at the Spa” and “Mini-Day at the Spa” packages, call the salon at (215) 735-6404.

Pigelli on the Square is another Philadelphia salon, situated on historic Washington Square. It is a full service salon where anyone is invited to spend the day getting their nails or hair done. The spa offers full body massages, soothing facials and body waxing. The internationally renowned Pigelli on the Square, located on Walnut Street, can be reached at (215) 627-0565.

Continue down Broad Street and check out the Pierre & Carlo salon right off the Park Hyatt at Bellevue’s food court. Pierre & Carlo’s spa includes Vinchy showers, paraffin wraps, hydrotherapy baths and massages. The “Best of Philadelphia” package offers a little of everything with a half-hour facial, half-hour massage, a manicure, pedicure and a hairstyle. With a wellness center and homeopathy classes, the salon aims to teach its customers how to relax. For more information about Pierre & Carlo, call (215) 790-9910.

Ettore’s Salon and Spa offer tips to take care of the body from head to toe. The spa is famous for its signature pedicure and a luxurious deep tissue massage. Located in the Philadelphia Marriott Hotel in the heart of Center City, the spa is an all-service establishment.

After ordering a delicious treat from the spa menu, relax with a facial, massage, body wrap, wax, manicure or a pedicure. These services have been featured on T.L.C.’s “A Wedding Story” and Lifetime’s “Follow the Bride.” With 22 years of experience, Ettore’s salon is sure to please every customer.

With a bubbling spa and cooling environment, a spa treatment can soothe the body and soul. Replenish with a total makeover, complete body relaxation or simply get a great haircut.

Tamara Fisher can be reached at TeeGirl24@aol.com