Man shot on 10th St.

An 18-year-old male was shot Wednesday evening on the 1900 block of 10th St., near Temple’s Main campus. The incident occurred within view of SEPTA’s Temple regional-rail stop and one block from the Kardon Building,

An 18-year-old male was shot Wednesday evening on the 1900 block of 10th St., near Temple’s Main campus.

The incident occurred within view of SEPTA’s Temple regional-rail stop and one block from the Kardon Building, while neighborhood children were playing outside.

According to police, two men left the basketball courts at Norris Apartments – located along Berks between 10th and 11th streets – around 6:45 p.m. Police said both men fired shots shortly after; one of the men was wounded in the leg. Police did not say which of the two men was shot, or who fired first.

The wounded man, who police and hospital officials would not identify, then drove himself to the 2100 block of 9th St., where he called paramedics. He was taken to Temple University Hospital for treatment. His condition was unavailable.

The other man fled on foot. Neither of the two men are students at Temple, police said.

The victim was the fifth person shot in Philadelphia today. Three South Philadelphia WaWa customers were shot early Wednesday morning. Police wounded that suspect before apprehending him later.