Mens’ soccer drops two

Temple men’s soccer continued its losing streak in its last two games against Atlantic 10 rivals Xavier and Dayton. Last Friday, Temple went up against Xavier in an important A-10 match up but fell 2-1.

Temple men’s soccer continued its losing streak in its last two games against Atlantic 10 rivals Xavier and Dayton.

Last Friday, Temple went up against Xavier in an important A-10 match up but fell 2-1.

Coming in to the game with high hopes, the team knew a win against Xavier would be crucial. The first half produced no points on either side, keeping the game close and intense.

In the second half, freshman Tiest Sondall scored for Xavier with 30 minutes left. The game pressed on, Temple still within reach of a win. However, the Musketeers had other plans. Sophomore Charles Morgan scored the second goal of the game for Xavier with seven minutes left.

The Owls, not giving up, were still playing to win. With thirty seconds to play, freshman defender John Tupy scored the Owls’ only goal in the game. The game ended giving Temple its seventh loss of the A-10 season.

Freshman goalie Patrick Hannigan had seven saves on the day and freshman forward Steven Wacker added two shots.

On Sunday, Temple was set to play Dayton in another must win A-10 game. This time, the Owls would not have it easy. Once again, Temple’s defense was dominated by the opposing teams offense leading to a 3-0 loss.

The game’s first goal was registered by Tye Stebbins at the 32:00 mark of the first half, with an assist by freshman forward Chris Wolfe.

After the goal, the Owls seemed to gain composer, only allowing three shots on goal for the rest of the half, however, the team was not able to capitalize on the offensive end. The half ended with the Owls down 1-0.

In the second half , the Flyers came back to score two goals by Wade Fischer and Joe Hall with Chris Wolfe getting his second and third assists on the day.

Temple didn’t go out quietly, though; senior Jim Raisch had two shots on goal Hannigan had five saves in the game. Kevin Olinger, Steven Wacker, Peter Perry and J.R. Sames all had one shot on goal during the game.