Current, former Temple police officers involved in homicide

Police say the victim was beaten to death.

Marquis Robinson (left) and Aaron Wright were sentenced to more than 55 years in prison for murder, among other charges. | COURTESY Philadelphia Police

Two men with ties to the Temple police force were arrested in connection with the killing of a Germantown woman on Friday on the 4600 block of Greene Street. Both have been charged with murder, aggravated assault and abuse of corpse.

Officer Marquis Robinson, who has since been fired from Temple Police as a result of the charges, and former officer Aaron Wright were both involved in the killing of 24-year-old Joyce Quaweay, police said.

Quaweay was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to police reports, police arrived on scene early Friday morning to find Wright on the steps leading to the second floor and said, “I’m the one you want.”

Wright admitted to beating Quaweay, his girlfriend, until she collapsed. Wright was taken into custody without incident.

Robinson fled the scene prior to police arrival and was later arrested for involvement in the murder.

Wright resigned from Temple’s police department in 2012, Director of Strategic Communication and Marketing at Temple Brandon Lausch said.

Lausch added Temple is cooperating with Philadelphia Police in this investigation.

Gillian McGoldrick can be reached at gillian.mcgoldrick@temple.edu or on Twitter @gill_mcgoldrick.