Former lacrosse player to walk at graduation

Rachel Hall, who was critically injured last April on her bike near Main Campus, will walk at graduation this year.

Former Temple lacrosse player Rachel Hall will walk at graduation, her mother, Kathy Hall, posted in the Facebook page “Rachel Hall Temple Strong” on Sunday night.

Rachel Hall was was the victim of a hit-and-run while riding her bike at the intersection of Diamond Street and Park Avenue on April 29, 2015.

According to a Facebook post by Kathy Hall in the days after the accident, Rachel Hall’s injuries included a fractured skull with bleeding to the brain and a dissected/torn right carotid artery.

At last year’s graduation ceremony, Kathy Hall accepted a diploma for her daughter.

Prior to Sunday night’s post, there had been no update to the Facebook group since September 12, 2015. The post read: “Unfortunately, we have been unable to disseminate information concerning Rachel’s status until the conclusion of the underlying criminal case.”

The Temple News previously reported Rashan Roberts, 18, was arrested by Philadelphia Police in early May. He pled guilty on July 23, 2015 to leaving the scene of an accident involving a death or injury, along with driving without a license.

Roberts was sentenced to 11-and-a-half to 23 months in prison with five years probation on Oct. 13, 2015, according to court records.

According to the post on Sunday night, Rachel Hall has made great strides in her physical therapy sessions. She also thanked those who prayed and offered support in the months following the accident.

When a major tragedy happens in your life it is very reaffirming to know there are kind and good hearted people in the world to help you through it,” Kathy wrote. “I have many people to thank for taking care of Rachel for the past year including the doctors, therapists, and other medical personnel. Thank you to those of you who have kept Rachel in your prayers and thoughts, we can feel your positive energy.”

Rachel Hall’s medical bills have cost $1.4 million, according to the post. She will walk at the university’s graduation ceremonies from May 4-6. Supporters can send wishes and congrats to PO Box 307, Mullica Hill, NJ 08062.

Owen McCue can be reached at owen.mccue@temple.edu or on Twitter @Owen_McCue.