Report: Recent law graduate died from unknown causes

Conor Devlin graduated from the Beasley School of Law in May 2017 and held internships in China and the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office.

Conor Devlin, a recent Beasley School of Law graduate and successful student, died on Oct. 27 of unknown causes, the Inquirer reported.

Devlin, 25, graduated from the university in May 2017 and also earned a Chinese law degree in 2016 in a partnership between the law school and the Tsinghua University in Beijing.

Found unresponsive by a relative in his apartment at Rosemont, Devlin’s cause of death is still being determined by the Delaware County Medical Examiner, the Inquirer reported.

During his time at Temple, Devlin worked at the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office in Norristown, Pennsylvania as a legal intern. He also interned internationally at two Chinese law firms in Beijing and Shandong, China, according to his LinkedIn page.

“Conor had a promising future,” District Attorney Kevin Steele told the Inquirer. “To see him die so young is very sad, and my heart goes out the family.”

Devlin earned his bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Texas-Austin, according to his LinkedIn page.

Devlin was also an involved student while in Temple’s law school: he was a member of student organizations like International Law Society, Business Law Society and the Brehons Law Society for Irish law professionals.

Leaders from these student organizations or the Beasley School of Law could not be immediately reached for comment.