Noah Potvin’s 11/20 evaluation of Bush’s “Partial-birth” ban

I applaud Noah Potvin’s criticism of White male politicians venturing to govern the lives of American women (Bush basks…, 11/20). I reject, however, his assertion that no one is “doing anything about it,” as well

I applaud Noah Potvin’s criticism of White male politicians venturing to govern the lives of American women (Bush basks…, 11/20). I reject, however, his assertion that no one is “doing anything about it,” as well as his conclusion that the efforts of pro-choice activists are poorly directed and ineffective.

Many people are concerned about the serious* consequences of denying women access to comprehensive family planning. Though united in the “simple” theme of a woman’s right to control her body, they are motivated by complicated realities – variance between belief systems, economic resources, and personal goals – which necessitate the placement of reproductive choice in the hands of women.

Interested* men and women can join the Temple Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance, NOW, and other national organizations this April at the March for Freedom of Choice (https://www.marchforchoice.org) to demonstrate to Washington lawmakers that we will not tolerate a rollback of women’s rights.

Author: Jessica L. White
Majors: English, Spanish
E-mail: jlwhite@temple.edu
Phone: 610 220 3782
Letter Body Word Count: 150 words

*If more editing is necessary, I suggest the elimination of these words.