NON-TEMPLE MAN WALKS INTO PALEY, ATTEMPTS ROBBERY

On Friday, Jan. 26, Ronald Seth, 2448 N. 15 St., was arrested in Tuttleman and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and trespassing. Laila El Zein, Head of Bibliographic Services at Paley Library, was interrupted

On Friday, Jan. 26, Ronald Seth, 2448 N. 15 St., was arrested in Tuttleman and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and trespassing.

Laila El Zein, Head of Bibliographic Services at Paley Library, was interrupted by a man she did not know, “I didn’t hear anything; but I turned around and saw him standing there.”

“He said that he was looking for somebody, but that she wasn’t there.” El Zein went on, “I might have believed him, except that he didn’t tell me who he was looking for.”

At this point, according to El Zein, whose office is in a restricted area, she noticed he had her briefcase in his hand, “He gave it back and started to run away. I immediately started screaming, ‘Call security,’ and I chased after him.”

El Zein chased after the suspect, but due to a leg injury was not able to keep up. A student employee called campus police and the suspect was placed under arrest.

According to Temple Police, Seth is not a student and has no previous affiliation with the university. Police are still investigating how he got into the university.

“I was very pleased with their response time,” said El Zein of the campus police, “they were very courteous and helpful.”

Last year, 42 thefts and two trespasses were reported in the Paley Library. In Tuttleman, 13 thefts were reported.