Old City fuses flavors

Beneath a wide cathedral-like ceiling and near the long ornate bar behind which bartenders throw drinks with ease, sits The World Fusion Restaurant Bar and Lounge. Executive Chef Mark Muszynski creates unique flavors from all

Beneath a wide cathedral-like ceiling and near the long ornate bar behind which bartenders throw drinks with ease, sits The World Fusion Restaurant Bar and Lounge. Executive Chef Mark Muszynski creates unique flavors from all around the globe. From mushroom quesadillas to mango-braised shredded lamb, one can expect an Old City experience like no other. Flavors are combined from Polynesia, France, Spain and the Mediterranean and are all served in an eclectic and fun atmosphere.

Appetizers range from $10 to $12 and entrees start at $19. Pastry Chef Andrew Smith creates affordable, delicious desserts that range from bittersweet chocolate cake to caramelized banana tartlet and start at just $7 for one person. Drinks can be a bit pricey for the average college student on a budget, but it still proves to be a fun night no matter what the cost. World Fusion does it all, fine dining, exquisite atmosphere, fun drinks, and more importantly, fabulous parties.

The restaurant hosts parties that could rival the Governor’s Ball after the Oscars. Donovan McNabb, Allen Iverson, M. Night Shyamalan, and Will Smith are just some of the Philadelphia celebrities that have partied at World Fusion. On March 8, seven Philadelphia semi-celebs hosted a huge bash at the restaurant. The Real World Philadelphia cast members MJ, Willie, Karamo, Sarah, Melanie and Landon – minus gal-pal Shavonda – held a huge party sponsored by Wired 96.5 right down the street from their old digs at Third and Arch streets.

Rocco the Janitor, the famous DJ from Wired 96.5, got the crowd jumping with BeyoncĂ©, Amerie, and even a little bit of J. Lo. The boys first faced screaming females then ran down the length of the club to the VIP area while the girls snuck in the back. They didn’t stay hidden away for very long though, once the finale started on the two big projectors, the seven “strangers” made their way around the club talking with fans and taking pictures.

Despite anything that may have been portrayed on the show, they were all very warm and welcoming and glad to be back visiting Philly. Sarah said to the crowd, “Philly is a great city and I’m so glad to be back anytime that I can, you guys are so nice and thank you for having us.”

The party wound down around 2 a.m. and the cast bid a fond farewell to the city they called home just last summer. Located at 123 Chestnut St. in the heart of Old City, patrons can eat, drink and dance the night away at World Fusion.

Christine Olley can be reached at Molley@temple.edu.