On the road to victory in style

You can sleep in it. Get dressed up in it. Even exercise in it. Philadelphia Eagles football inspired attire, including pajama pants, skirts, jerseys and T-shirts are hot this fall, and with good reason. Sportswear

You can sleep in it. Get dressed up in it. Even exercise in it. Philadelphia Eagles football inspired attire, including pajama pants, skirts, jerseys and T-shirts are hot this fall, and with good reason. Sportswear is a great way to support your hometown team and this season has pieces that even the most style-savvy can wear without feeling like an angry, why-the-heck-did-we-lose-the-Superbowl-last-year fan. And if that description fits you anyway, that’s OK too. Just make sure you look good in the meantime.

The real McCoy of Eagles fashion, called “authentic” Eagles gear, can cost almost the same as going to a game itself. For the real deal in Eagles fashion, get ready to spend up to $265 for the classic green and white player jerseys, available from the Eagles online store, https://shop.philadelphiaeagles.com. Replica jerseys look the same and cost only a fraction of the authentic version’s price. At City Sports, 1608 Walnut St., jerseys for men cost $64. Women shopping at City Sports for a feminine version of their favorite player’s jerseys can buy the cheaper and more form-fitting youth jersey for $55. Modell’s Sporting Goods at The Gallery, 934 Market St., has an extensive selection of Eagles goods, with an added bonus: It’s all cheap. Men’s jerseys cost $54.99 and youth styles cost only $40.

Girls can show their Eagles pride with a light green or light pink colored jersey from Modell’s for $49.99. Pink may not be an Eagles color, but its becoming the top choice for female Eagles fans everywhere. On game day, girls can be spotted wearing pink Eagles hats, tees and zip-up hoodies.

City Sports sells the authentic pink cap for $15, but a generic version costs only $10.99 at K-Mart in The Gallery, 901 Market St. A light green Eagles hoodie at City Sports costs $65, and screen tees with phrases like “I love Eagles Football” cost anywhere from $14 to $22 at Modell’s, depending on the style.

K-Mart offers less expensive versions of the same pieces as seen at City Sports and Modell’s. If you’re OK with the Reebok logo absent from your Eagles attire, then check out K-Mart for men’s Eagles pajama pants for $16.99, boxers for $9.99 and shorts for $17.99.

As soon as winter weather arrives, true fans of the Birds can keep warm in their Eagles jackets. Depending on style, authentic jackets for men cost around $75, with generic versions at K-Mart selling for around $50.

For the die-hard and most stylish of male fans, authentic leather Eagles jackets cost $249.99 from the Eagles online store. Not surprisingly, controversy surrounding Eagles player Terrell Owens has put his jersey out of the spotlight – at least for now.

The Owens jersey was noticeably placed in a corner at Modell’s, and City Sports Clothing Manager Danielle Birch said T.O. jerseys there have not been selling well. “No one’s buying Owens because he’s being a brat,” Birch said.

No matter the drama, the Eagles season is well underway and now is the time to pick up your own Birds apparel and fly away in style.

To view the slideshow – click here function openSlideShow1827(){window.open(slideshowpath + 1827,’selectUser’,config=’scrollbars=No,resizable=Yes’);}Eagles Fashion

Sammy Davis can be reached at S.Davis@temple.edu.